Skip to content
Belle Mead, New Jersey
- Owner. Art Euphoria LLC. Manage artistic and sales aspects of small business whose purpose is to sell art directly to customers over the internet, or through home showings of artwork in the New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania area. 3/2009 to present.
- Freelance Artist. Undertake commissioned work. Produce portrait photography and paintings on canvas and linen. 11/2005 to present.
- Gallery Director. Wentworth Gallery. Short Hills, NJ. Manage all aspects of gallery operation and sales. Arrange special exhibitions and shows. Serve as negotiator between customers and corporate gallery office. Coordinate schedules of gallery art consultants, art handlers, and customers desiring home shows. 2/2000 to 2/2005.
- Art Consultant. Wentworth Gallery. Bridgewater, NJ. Meet with gallery customers to help them match their needs with available artwork. Conduct showings of artwork at customers’ homes. 6/1998 to 2/2000.
- Freelance Artist. Undertake commissioned work. Produce portrait photography and paintings on canvas and linen. 7/1997 to 5/1998.
- Substitute Teacher. Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart. Princeton, NJ. Filled in for absent photography teacher under a ten-week contract. 10/1997 to 12/1997. Wardlaw-Hartridge School. Edison, NJ. 2/1998 to 3/1998. Hillsborough School District. Hillsborough, NJ. 2/1998 to 5/1998.
- Visual Arts Instructor. The Peddie School, Hightstown, NJ. An independent co-ed boarding school with 500 students in grades 8 through 12 and post-graduate. 9/1993 to 6/1997. Responsibilities:
- Taught Foundations, Painting, Drawing, Photography I, Photography II, Photography III, Independent Study courses.
- Wrote detailed comments concerning students’ artistic and classroom performance.
- Purchased supplies for Fine Arts department.
- Investigated alternate suppliers and prices.
- Managed a working photo lab. Ordered and mixed chemicals.
- Repaired Beseler enlargers and print dryer.
- Purchased and operated lighting equipment for video club and photography course.
- Organized student bus trips to exhibitions in New York and Philadelphia.
- Hung student exhibitions three times a year.
- Helped students photograph work for portfolios.
- Took students for photo shoots in local area.
- Personal and educational advisor for two Peddie students for three years.
- Activities: Faculty advisor for student film club.
- Took students on tour of New York University video department and Independent Film Festival at Rutgers University.
- Member of Peddie’s Professional Development committee for two years.
- Orchestrated exhibits of student work at local galleries and east-coast schools.
- Created student photo and fine arts exhibitions on Internet.
- Organized and cataloged department slide collection.
- Videotaped student and faculty performances.
- Photographed production stills for Drama department.
- Work published in local newspapers.
- Computer skills: Windows, Macintosh, Lotus cc:Mail, Claris FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Word, Netscape Navigator, Adobe Photoshop, Ofoto, Media 100 digital video editing workstation.
- Visual Arts Instructor and Dean. New Jersey Seeds Program, Hightstown, NJ. 10/1993 to 4/1994.
- Summer Program Art Instructor. The Newgrange School, Trenton, NJ. 7/1993.
- Teaching Assistant. YWCA After School Program, Princeton, NJ. 1/1993 to 6/1993.
- Independent graduate work, painting. Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT. 6/1995 and 7/1996. Received grants for one month artistic retreat for two consecutive summers. Graduate credits awarded through the University of the Arts.
- BFA, Painting. Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. 1993. GPA: 3.82. Studied painting with Joan Semmel and printmaking with Judith Brodsky.
- AA, Fine Arts. Bucks County Community College, Newtown, PA. 1990. GPA: 3.8.
- NJ Gallery 33. Hightstown, NJ. 8/2017 to 1/2018. Exhibited eight paintings at NJ Gallery 33 at Cominsky’s Greenhouses.
- ArtJam 2015. Princeton, NJ. 4/2015. Exhibited Visitor Information at ArtJam benefit for HomeFront NJ.
- ArtJam 2013. Princeton, NJ. 11/2013. Co-curator of ArtJam benefit for HomeFront NJ.
- Salon at Artworks. Trenton, NJ. 5/2011 to 6/2011. Dust to Dust selected to appear in Ellarslie Open XXIX.
- Trenton City Museum Ellarslie Mansion in Cadwalader Park. Trenton, NJ 5/2010 to 6/2010. Following the Source selected to appear in Ellarslie Open XXVII.
- Straube Center. Pennington, NJ. 1/2010 to 2/2010. Selected paintings on display for sale at Winter Art Show.
- Gallery 1603. Surf City, NJ. 5/2009 to 8/2009. Selected paintings on display for sale.
- Straube Center. Pennington, NJ 4/2009 to 6/2009. Selected paintings on display for sale at Spring Art Show.
- Queenstown Gallery. Hopewell, NJ. 1/2009 to 3/2009. “Under Closer Examination: Happiness.” Solo exhibition of 17 paintings and three drawings.
- Small World Coffee. Princeton, NJ. 4/1997 to 5/1997. Exhibited painting and photographs with a group of secondary art educators from the Princeton area.
- The Arts Council of Princeton. Princeton, NJ. 2/1997. Visiting artist; lecture and collaborative performance involving movement in a site-specific installation. 12/1996. Annual invitational theme exhibition. Diptych paintings plus eight photographs. 12/95. Selected to exhibit installation/painting.
- Mariboe Gallery, The Peddie School. Hightstown, NJ. 9/1996. Four separate series of paintings exhibited. Outdoor performance art piece presented on opening night. 9/1995. Exhibition of twelve paintings from three separate series. Collaborative performance art piece presented on opening night. 9/94. Four paintings and an outdoor installation, together with a collaborative performance on opening night.
- New Media Center, Princeton University. Princeton, NJ. 8/1996 to 1/1997. Exhibition of nine paintings. 10/1994 to 1/1996. Exhibition of four paintings.
- Trenton Avant Garde Festival. Mill Hill Park, NJ. 9/1994. Collaborative series of three installations and a continuous performance piece.
- Main Gallery, Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University. New Brunswick, NJ. 9/1990 to 2/1993. Selected to exhibit paintings and prints at five exhibitions. Senior thesis exhibition involved performance art set in an installation consisting of a series of prints, drawings, and a handmade paper doll.
- Hicks Art Center, Bucks County Community College. Newtown, PA. 9/1985 to 5/1990. Selected to exhibit paintings, design work, drawings, photographs, and sculpture at yearly student exhibitions. Photograph published in Tyler Literary Review.
- Past member College Art Association. Attended conferences 2/1994 and 2/1996.
- One-month artistic retreat for two consecutive summers at Vermont Studio Center. 6/1995 and 7/1996.
- Attended Independent Schools Art Instructors Association (ISAIA) meetings. 12/1995 and 12/1996.
- Attended New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) fall ’96 conference.
- Visited and exchanged curricular ideas with Art departments in other private schools: the Hotchkiss School and Packard Collegiate Institute.
- Regularly attended meetings of local Art teachers group, Java.
- Took PRAXIS Art Content Knowledge test in 7/1997. Score: 186.